[BreachExchange] Investigation for US Bancorp and US Bank National Association data breach continues

Destry Winant destry at riskbasedsecurity.com
Thu Oct 8 10:33:52 EDT 2020

https://www.atmmarketplace.com/news/investigation-for-us-bancorp-and-us-bank-national-association-data-breach-continues/

Houston-based Emerson Firm PLLC, will be continuing its investigation
regarding a data breach at U.S. Bancorp and U.S. Bank National
Association (collectively 'U.S. Bank') that affected U.S. Bank
customers by compromising their personal data, according to news
release.

On July 30, 2020, a computer server containing personal and
identifiable information of U.S. Bank customers, was physically stolen
from an undisclosed U.S. Bank corporate office. The stolen data
reportedly included names and account numbers, but there is concern it
could also encompass additional sensitive information.

Although the theft of the information occurred in July, U.S. Bank
began notifying affected consumers of the data breach incident in
Sept., without explaining why they waited to communicate to customers.

"The privacy and security of customer information is our top priority.
We recently began notifying the limited number of individuals impacted
about the theft of a physical server from a secure, locked location in
one of our offices. We value the confidence our customers place in us,
and we apologize to our customers who may have been impacted by this
criminal act. We are taking steps to assist them while we work with
law enforcement on the investigation and recovery of the hardware,"
Lee Henderson, vice president, public affairs and communications, U.S.
Bank, said in an interview with this publication.