[BreachExchange] Reducing the Risks of Virtual Learning

Destry Winant destry at riskbasedsecurity.com
Fri Sep 18 09:53:01 EDT 2020

https://www.riskbasedsecurity.com/2020/09/16/reducing-the-risks-of-virtual-learning/

In our recent story, Saved By The Bell? Insecure Student Devices Must Be
Addressed
<https://www.riskbasedsecurity.com/2020/08/14/saved-by-the-bell-insecure-student-devices-must-be-addressed/>,
we raised concerns about the flood of potentially vulnerable devices
connecting to home and daycare provider networks.

As schools, parents, and children adapt to these new technologies, it is
vital to understand and manage cybersecurity issues in order to protect
privacy and data. Jake Kouns, our CEO and CISO, joined Virginia This Morning
<https://www.wtvr.com/on-air/virginia-this-morning/avoiding-hackers-during-virtual-learning>
to discuss the risks of virtual learning, and what educators and parents
can do to keep their children safe.

Check out our new video series, The Right Security
<https://www.riskbasedsecurity.com/2020/09/14/vulnerabilities-in-virtual-schooling-the-right-security/>
where we discuss this topic in greater detail.

We have published a curated collection of valuable (and free) resources for
school districts, teachers and parents to tackle the cyber security issues
raised in this post. See: Cyber Security Resources for Virtual Schooling.
<https://www.riskbasedsecurity.com/virtualschool/>