[BreachExchange] Los Angeles Valley College Hacked

Inga Goddijn inga at riskbasedsecurity.com
Wed Jan 4 18:29:01 EST 2017

http://patch.com/california/studiocity/los-angeles-valley-college-hacked

Los Angeles Valley College in Valley Glen was subject to a cyber attack
over the winter break but it is not known how large the breach was,
officials said Tuesday.

The attack was described as "malicious cyber activity targeting Los Angeles
Valley College," according to a statement from Los Angeles Community
College District Chancellor Francisco Rodriguez.

"This attack is believed to have taken place over the holidays and we are
working closely with local and federal authorities to learn more about its
potential impact," Rodriguez said.

"Our top priority in resolving this incident is ensuring that the security
and privacy of our students and employees is protected."

Additional details about the attack were not made available and it was not
immediately clear if anyone's personal data was compromised.

The sheriff's cyber crimes unit was investigating, Deputy Caroline
Rodriguez of the Sheriff's Information Bureau said.

The FBI did not immediately reply to emailed questions regarding the attack.