[BreachExchange] Colorado Timberline Shuts Down

Destry Winant destry at riskbasedsecurity.com
Sun Sep 16 21:35:11 EDT 2018

https://www.asicentral.com/news/newsletters/promogram/september-2018/colorado-timberline-shuts-down/

Supplier Colorado Timberline (asi/91263) has announced that it has
ceased all operations indefinitely.

On September 12, the 5-year-old Denver-based supplier broke the news
via its website and social media platforms. “It is with great
difficulty and a heavy heart that we must inform you that effective
immediately, Colorado Timberline has ceased all operations
indefinitely,” the company said in a notice to customers and other
industry firms.

“We have recently been plagued by several IT events. Unfortunately, we
were unable to overcome the most recent ransomware attack and as a
result, this unfortunate and difficult decision was made. We greatly
appreciate the support and loyalty from each of you over the years.”

In summer 2017, Timberline Colorado was acquired by Chicago-based
Frontenac and Connecticut-based Charter Oak Equity, according to a
press release. Owner Dan Greene left the company in May, according to
an auto response from his company email account, Business Den
reported.