[BreachExchange] Aegon says data of 10,000 customers exposed

Destry Winant destry at riskbasedsecurity.com
Tue Aug 6 10:17:07 EDT 2019

https://www.financialexpress.com/industry/aegon-says-data-of-10000-customers-exposed/1664735/

Aegon Life Insurance India on Friday announced that a vulnerability on
its website exposed information of some Indian customers who had used
web forms to get in touch with Aegon Life.

Aegon Life immediately fixed the vulnerability and have since informed
all customers of this exposure. Aegon Life estimates that up to 10,000
customers were possibly affected.

The company said: “We will initiate an outreach programme in coming
days to offer guidance to affected customers and to let them know what
information was exposed. At Aegon Life, data security and customer
privacy are of utmost importance and we will continue to be
transparent with customers as we investigate further.”

This incident was not the result of a hack or malicious activity and
Aegon Life does not have evidence that customer information was taken.

Aegon Life is a new-age life insurance company and is amongst the
first companies to launch Online Term Plan in India.

With a vision to be the most recommended new age life insurance
company, the company’s direct to customer focus establishes a direct
dialogue with the customers to make for greater clarity and
transparency. The data from Insurance Regulatory and Development
Authority of India show that, first year premium of Aegon Life in the
current financial year up to June was at Rs 22.46 crore – a growth of
9.08% against previous financial year.