[BreachExchange] Moe's, McAlister's, Schlotzsky's latest victims of data breach, company says

Destry Winant destry at riskbasedsecurity.com
Fri Aug 23 10:12:04 EDT 2019

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/national/hot-topics/moe-s-mcalister-s-schlotzskys-latest-victims-of-data-breach-company-says/978200355

ATLANTA - The company that owns Moe's Southwest Grill, Schlotzsky's
and McAlister's Deli restaurants confirmed to Channel 2 Action News
that it had unauthorized activity on payment processing computers at a
number of locations for the three chains.

A spokeswoman for Atlanta-based Focus Brands Inc. said the company's
investigation "is focused on transactions that occurred from April
2019 into July 2019."

"We believe the actions we have taken have stopped unauthorized
activity, and cybersecurity firms have been engaged to determine the
specific restaurants and time frames involved," Angie Champsaur said
in the statement. "Law enforcement and the payment card networks have
been notified. The findings from the investigation will also be used
to implement enhanced security measures."

Focus Brands also owns Auntie Anne's, Carvel, Cinnabon and Jamba
Juice, but Champsaur said the breach did not involve those chains.

The company has not said which restaurant locations the breach is tied
to. Champsaur said the investigation is ongoing.