[BreachExchange] Geezeo Discloses Data Security Incident Regarding a 2012 Data File

Destry Winant destry at riskbasedsecurity.com
Tue Dec 31 10:01:52 EST 2019

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/geezeo-discloses-data-security-incident-regarding-a-2012-data-file-300944497.html

MONETT, Mo., Oct. 24, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Jack Henry & Associates,
Inc.® (NASDAQ: JKHY), a leading provider of technology solutions and
payment processing services primarily for the financial services
industry, announced today that Geezeo, a subsidiary it acquired in
July 2019, was recently informed by a third-party service provider
that in May of this year, prior to its acquisition by Jack Henry,
there was a security incident at that provider that involved a Geezeo
account.

Upon notification by the third-party provider, Geezeo immediately
began investigating. In reviewing the information from the third-party
provider, Geezeo discovered that its information was impacted and a
2012 data file may have been accessed.

There was no impact on Geezeo's or Jack Henry's operations and it does
not appear that any password, security code, access code or other
similar information that would permit access to a consumer's financial
account was accessed.

Geezeo has contacted all financial institutions that were affected.
Proper remediation steps have been taken to contain the incident and
to secure the company's systems to help ensure that future incidents
of this nature cannot occur. The appropriate regulatory bodies and
federal law enforcement have been notified.

Charlie Wright, Chief Risk Officer of Jack Henry & Associates, said,
"Safeguarding our clients' information is essential to our mission.
Although the incident occurred prior to our acquisition of Geezeo, I
am grateful it has been contained. We appreciate the understandable
worry the incident has caused for the small number of financial
institutions that were affected."