[BreachExchange] Print EZ Provides Notice of Data Breach

Destry Winant destry at riskbasedsecurity.com
Tue Feb 19 00:55:58 EST 2019

https://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-print-ez-provides-notice-data-breach-/2019/02/15/8901713.htm

Print EZ is taking steps to notify customers of a recent event that
could potentially affect the security of some of its customer's
payment card information.  Print EZ take this incident seriously and
is providing customers with information concerning this event in the
abundance of caution.  Print EZ also providing our customers with
information and resources that can be used to better protect against
the possible misuse of information.

What Happened?  During a routine review, Print EZ identified an
anomaly in scan results for its e-commerce website printez.com.  Upon
receiving these results, Print EZ immediately commenced an
investigation and later identified suspicious file that was inserted
into its e-commerce website.  Print EZ quickly removed the infected
file and took additional steps to secure its website.  Additionally,
Print EZ completely modified its checkout process to implement
additional security measures.  Print EZ determined on December 14,
2018 that it was unable to determine how the file may have affected
information entered onto its website.  In an abundance of caution,
Print EZ is notifying customers who used a credit card on its website
from September 1, 2016 until September 23, 2018when Print EZ moved to
its new checkout process.

What Information Was Involved?  The information that is collected on
PrintEZ's checkout page includes the customer name, card number, card
expiration date and CVV number.

What Print EZ Is Doing.  Print EZ has security measures, polices, and
procedures in place to protect data in our care and we continue to
review these measures as part of our ongoing commitment to the
security of the information in our care.  Print EZ implemented
additional security measures to protect the payment card information
entered into our website. Print EZ is also providing customers with
information about this event and about steps individuals can take to
better protect against misuse of personal information.

What You Can Do.  Print EZ encourages customers to remain vigilant
against incidents of identity theft and fraud, to review account
statements, and to monitor credit reports for suspicious activity.
Under U.S. law individuals are entitled to one free credit report
annually from each of the three major credit reporting bureaus.  To
order a free credit report, visit www.annualcreditreport.com or call,
toll-free, 1-877-322-8228.  Individuals may also contact the three
major credit bureaus directly to request a free copy of their credit
report.

Customers have the right to place a "security freeze" on their credit
report, which will prohibit a consumer reporting agency from releasing
information in a credit report without express authorization.  The
security freeze is designed to prevent credit, loans, and services
from being approved in a person's name without consent.  However,
customers should be aware that using a security freeze to take control
over who gets access to the personal and financial information in a
credit report may delay, interfere with, or prohibit the timely
approval of any subsequent request or application an individual makes
regarding a new loan, credit, mortgage, or any other account involving
the extension of credit.  Pursuant to federal law, an individual
cannot be charged to place or lift a security freeze on your credit
report.