[BreachExchange] Toll Group shuts down IT systems in response to 'cybersecurity incident'

Destry Winant destry at riskbasedsecurity.com
Tue Feb 4 10:12:29 EST 2020

https://www.zdnet.com/article/toll-group-shuts-down-it-systems-in-response-to-cybersecurity-incident/

Australian logistics company Toll last week suffered an "IT
cybersecurity incident", forcing the shutdown of a number of
customer-facing systems days later.

In a tweet posted overnight, Toll said the shutdown was a precautionary measure.

"As a precautionary measure, Toll has made the decision to shut down a
number of systems in response to a cybersecurity incident. Several
Toll customer-facing applications are impacted as a result. Our
immediate priority is to resume services to customers as soon as
possible," the company wrote.

Need to disclose a breach? Read this: Notifiable Data Breaches scheme:
Getting ready to disclose a data breach in Australia

In response, customers are reporting that the incident has been
"occurring for days" and that staff are telling customers deliveries
are suspended indefinitely.

"As we continue to make progress in restoring customer-facing
applications and services in the coming days, we will provide further
advice on expected timeframes," a second tweet from Toll said.

"We will continue to provide regular updates. We sincerely apologise
for any inconvenience caused."

Toll Group, part of Japan Post, operates a global logistics network
across 1,200 locations in more than 50 countries. Toll provides a
range of transport and logistics solutions covering road, air, sea,
and rail.

It boasts over 40,000 employees and has been around for over 125 years.