[BreachExchange] Marketron Hit With Cyberattack

Sophia Kingsbury sophia.kingsbury at riskbasedsecurity.com
Mon Sep 20 09:07:05 EDT 2021

https://radioink.com/2021/09/20/marketron-hot-with-cyberattack/

In an e-mail to customers CEO Jim Howard said the cyberattack came from the
Russian criminal organization BlackMatter.  All Marketron customers may
experience an interruption in service. Howard says the company has not yet
discovered how its network was exploited.

Howard says Marketron is communicating with BlackMatter and the FBI. “All
available resources are being applied to restoring systems as quickly as
possible. This includes working with third-party security experts and
bringing in additional resources. While security and rapid disaster
recovery have been top priorities, we obviously have not done enough. We
know you count on us to keep your business operational, and we are
extremely sorry for this impact.”

As of this morning, all Marketron services were offline.

The Pitch platform is online and currently not impacted.

Marketron Traffic, Visual Traffic Cloud, Exchange and Advertiser Portal
have all been impacted. RadioTraffic and RepPak services were not impacted;
however, out of an abundance of caution they were taken offline.

Impacted products include:
· Marketron Traffic
· Visual Traffic Cloud
· RadioTraffic
· Marketron Exchange products for all traffic clients, including Electronic
Orders and Invoices, Network Connect, Proof of Performance and PayNow
· Advertiser Portal
· Traffic Portal
· RepPak